Starting school is a big step in your child’s life. Whether your child is transferring from another school or starting school for the first time, we understand that it can be both exciting and unsettling.
We will support both you and your child to make their school life at Stoke St Gregory School a happy and enjoyable time.
We would encourage you to come and visit our School, have a tour and meet our staff who will be happy to answer any questions or concerns.
Admission of Pupils
The School has a planned admission level of 11 for each year, however some year groups may have more than this number of children. In accordance with Somerset County Council guidelines the following admission criteria apply in order of priority:-
- Looked after children (currently in the care of the Local Authority)
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs whose school placement has been identified by a multi-agency professional team.
- Children living in the catchment area, with an older sibling at the school at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area, with an older sibling, at the time of admission, and who live at the same address.
- Children living outside the catchment area but nearest to the school.
Admissions during the school year
Parents should contact the School directly to find out if there is a place available. Application forms can either be obtained from the School Office or by following this link In Year Application Form.pdf
Where an application has been refused in any year group, the child will be placed on a waiting list. This will be kept strictly in order of oversubscription criteria by the Local Authority, as the Admission Authority, and the child will remain on the waiting list until the end of the academic year in which the application was refused. Parents are responsible for informing the Admission Authority of any changes in their circumstances, which could affect their place on the waiting list.
For further information regarding admission arrangements please contact Somerset County Council or click on the link below which will take you to their admissions page.