Following a change in legislation schools may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Cheap holiday cost
- Getting personal paperwork, visas updated (this should be planned into holiday periods)
- Visiting relatives (this should be planned into holiday periods)
Exceptional circumstances may include
- Emergency service / forces personnel with proof of enforced holiday period
- Holiday industry employees with proof of this being the ONLY time period allowed by employer
- One transcontinental leave request per Key Stage for a very significant extended family event, including seeing and elderly/ seriously ill relative