Welcome to Starling Class, we are the Reception children, taught by Mrs Manley and Mrs Baldwin supported by Mrs Hembrow and Mrs Nurton.
- Children in Starling class have access to a combination of structured lessons and activities as well as a range of continuous provision resources to support their learning.
- We spend time learning indoors and outside so that the children can develop a range of skills and broaden their knowledge.
- The new Reception children are assigned a Year 6 buddy when they start school to support their introduction to school life.
- Starling class need to wear their PE kit on Mondays and Fridays.
- Show and tell sessions are on Mondays and Fridays, please check this terms parents information leaflet to check which day your child needs their item and what the theme of the week is.
- Welly Walks take place in the Spring Term, where we explore the local area.
- The children are encouraged to read on a daily basis. As well as school books it is really important for them to hear lots of books at home and have access to a range of information and story books to look at.
- We have an open door policy and always welcome visitors to our classroom. Please come and see what we are currently learning about! If you have any further questions please speak to me on the playground or ask to see me at a convenient time.
Mrs Emma Manley
Starling Class Teacher
Mrs Carol Hembrow